Roches – www.roches.ie
Privacy Statement – Summary
- Roches will only collect personal information required to fulfill a customers order. If the customer has given us their permission, we may contact them occasionally via email giving details of offers and new products.
- Roches will never pass this information on to any third party business other than those businesses who provide Roches with I.T. facilities and who have established approved privacy policies.
- Roches will store personal information taken at the time of order within an approved secure environment, accessible only by approved members of staff. The information relating to a purchase has to be stored for six years by law for Revenue (Tax) purposes.
- Roches will never send to you via email or text message any marketing material unless you have opted to receive such information.
At Roches, we take the protection of your data seriously. We want you to feel confident that we are keeping your data secure, and that we handle and process it in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation. In our data protection policy we explain what personal data we collect, how we collect it, what we use your data for and how we safeguard it.
1.1 Company Information
This website is owned and operated by Roches, 153 Lower Kimmage Road, Dublin 6W. Telephone number: 01 – 492 6829. E-mail: email@example.com
1.2 Statement Review
This Statement will be regularly reviewed to ensure we continue to meet our obligations in processing your personal data and protecting your privacy. In order to do so we reserve the right to update, modify and amend this statement at any time as required. We would recommend that you check back regularly to keep informed of any updates. We will not make any significant changes to the statement without informing you.
1.3 Protecting your Information
We are committed to protecting your personal data and to implementing appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect it against any unauthorised or unlawful processing and against any accidental loss, destruction or damage.
2. Types of Information Collected
We collect two types of information from our website: • “Personal Data” This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, address, email address and telephone number. These details are only collected if you make an order on our website. Our business offers personalised printed products. If you decide to use our online personalisation technology during the purchase process, we also collect other personal information such as dates of birth, family information including names and personal photographs. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us and is only used to prepare your personalised product if you decide to purchase one of our printed products. • “Non-Personal Data” Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This ‘Non-Personal Data’ comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
3.1 Purposes for which we hold your information
• Personal Data We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes: (a) to enable us to process any order you may make on our website; (b) if a customers has ‘opted in’ to receive marketing material, to keep them up to date with latest offers, special offers and new products via email. • Non-Personal Data We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website. • Marketing Emails (opt in customers only) We use a specialised I.T. service provider to help us run our email marketing services (Mailchimp). Mailchimp only have access to your name and email address in the course of providing services on our behalf and are subject to strict contractual restrictions to ensure that your data is protected, in compliance with data protection legislation. You can find out more about Mailchimp’s commitment to privacy here:- Mailchimp Privacy Statement. Customers receiving marketing emails will always be given the option to ‘unsubscribe’ from mailing lists easily by using a link contained within all email messages.
3.2 What Personal Information Do We Collect and Data Rentention?
If you purchase a product from our website, Roches collects the following personal information about you:
- Forename and surname – stored securely for six years for Tax purposes
- Details of your purchase – stored securely for six years for Tax purposes
- E-mail address – stored securely for six years with purchase records
- Telephone number – stored securely for six years with purchase records
- Address – stored securely for six years for Tax purposes
4.1 Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties unless the third party is required to fulfill your order, e.g. postal service/courier delivery. We will disclose your Personal Data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
4.2 Disclosure of Information to Third Party Service Providers
Like most online business operators, Roches use a number of third party service providers to supply various I.T. resources. These resources include databases used to store customer information. These third party service providers would have access to your personal information if needed to perform their functions but they will never use your personal information for other purposes. Roches uses only large, well established service providers and ensure that these third party service providers will only process your personal data in accordance with this policy and applicable Data Protection legislation.
5. Sale of Business
Your Personal Data is stored within a controlled area on a password protected secure database and is accessible only by allocated members of our staff and authorised third party service providers. Passwords to databases containing customers personal data are changed monthly. The nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the internet. No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your Personal Data.
7. Your Rights
You have the following rights in connection with your personal information processed by Roches:
- ACCESS – you can request access to your personal information and further details about how your personal information is handled by Roches
- OBJECT – you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes or where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Roches or by a third party
- RECTIFICATION – you can request rectification of any incorrect personal data held about you
- ERASURE – you can request erasure of any personal data where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Roches or by a third party
You have the right at any time to withdraw consent to receiving marketing from Roches and/or to amend the delivery method we use. To manage your rights and delivery preferences please follow the instructions in our marketing communications, enquiry forms or write to us at: Post: Roches, 153 Lower Kimmage Road, Dublin 6W. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org You can also exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below. If you are concerned or have questions about how Roches handles your personal data please contact us and we will do our best to assist you. Please note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Irish Data Protection Commissioner (or any other appropriate supervisory authority), which may be accessed through the following link:- https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/GDPR/1623.htm
What are cookies?
A cookie is a piece of data stored by a website within a browser, and then subsequently sent back to the same website by the browser. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember things that a browser had done there in the past, which can include having clicked particular buttons, logging in, or having visited certain pages. Cookies cannot carry viruses. They are used to perform essential functions on our website. Removing them could impact your experience when using websites.
The cookies used on our website can be broken down into four categories:
*Remarketing is a type of targeted advertising that displays our adverts on 3rd Party websites across the internet to users who have previously visited this website. Remarketing involves collecting cookies to inform, optimise and serve adverts based on someone’s past visits to this website. To opt out of this type of advertising you can use this free Google tool
What you can do?
You can delete cookies stored on your computer or change your privacy settings at any time via your browser settings.
|viewed_cookie_policy||Cookie Law||1 year||Is being set when you close the cookie banner|
|wc_session_cookie||WooCommerce||2 days||Contains a unique id to support functions like last viewed products etc.|
|woocommerce_cart_hash||WooCommerce||at end of session||Contains a unique id that associates you with the products in your shopping cart|
|woocommerce_items_in_cart||WooCommerce||at end of session||Contains the number of products in your shopping cart|
|_utma||Google Analytics||2 years||Determines the number of unique visitors to the site|
|_utmb||Google Analytics||30 minutes||This works with _utmc to calculate the average length of time you spend on our site|
|_utmc||Google Analytics||when you close your browser||This works with _utmb to calculate when you close your browser|
|_utmz||Google Analytics||6 months||This provides information about how you reached the site (eg from another website or a search engine)|