Mastectomy Bras, tops and prostheses for all Breast Surgeries and Reconstruction
Post Surgery Bras
Post-surgery bras are designed for wearing directly after surgery. Whether you have had a full mastectomy, lumpectomy, breast augmentation, breast reduction or reconstruction, post-surgery bras provide optimum support and comfort
Wearing a supportive and well-fitting bra after breast surgery will greatly reduce post-operative pain and discomfort. These bras have no seams, tags or wires that might irritate sensitive skin, scars or wounds. Also, you will enjoy a good night’s sleep, which is essential for your recovery.
Breast care nurses sometimes recommend buying a sports bra for after your surgery. We do not. We believe that post surgery bras are a must for your hospital bag. To learn more, read this blog post by our client (and breast cancer blogger), Holly.
Ideally, you should purchase your post-surgery bra before surgery. This is the first bra you will wear after your surgery, so this is the bra you will wear going home. It’s really important that you look and feel good in it.
Fabric choices include a bamboo mix with proven healing properties that are antibacterial, breathable and capable of drawing moisture away from the skin (faster than 100% cotton).
Benefits of Post-Surgery Bras:
- Front-openings for ease of movement
- Protect sensitive tissue
- Reduce stress on incisions or wounds
- Reduce the chance of swelling within the breast
- Promote the healing process
- Front opening for ease of opening if movement is restricted
- Convenient for doctor’s check-ups
- Option to attach a drain pouch. This stops your drains catching and pulling, if left hanging. We wish these were around when we had breast surgery!
Breast care Extras:
Browse nipples, in a wide variety of skin tones, to add under your bras.